Old 18-03-2010, 01:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
p-nut[_3_] p-nut[_3_] is offline

Default Scotts Weed N Feed / Garden

blurted out in alt.home.lawn.garden:

On Mar 17, 9:41*am, "p-nut" wrote:
Will it matter if I accidentally got some Scotts Weed N Feed into my gard

en
soil?
I wasn't even thinking when I did it.

It won't matter to me because I won't be eating whatever grows
there. Google the herbicide contained in it and see what you find.
I doubt it's listed for use on food crops. If it was applied at the
rate you would apply it to a lawn and you then till the garden, I
doubt it would prevent plants from growing. But how comfortable you
are eating whatever grows there depends on how much you applied and
when.

I made one pass with a speader set at 2 before I realized I was getting some
in the garden and stopped. I put it down about 1month ago.
I emailed Scott's and got what seems to be an automated response. Scott's w/
Halts isn't safe at all but the stuff I put down is safe to put down around
fruit and nut trees.