Old 18-03-2010, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Rod is offline

Default Dwarf fruit trees

On Mar 12, 10:58*pm, "Kathy McIntosh" wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

On 11 Mar, 19:50, "Kathy McIntosh" wrote:

Can anyone suggest a reliable supplier of drawf/pygmy/patio fruit trees
please? We want to put an apricot and a victoria plum on the lottie, but
due to the trees already there [and also due to me being a short a**e who
can't reach fruit on normal trees] a full size tree would either have to
go
on a neighbour's plot or out on the track, due to the spacing required.
TIA

http://www.keepers-nursery.co.uk/

Good range of plants, good quality, well packed, they let you know
when to expect delivery, theyr'e fruit nuts and good to deal with.

You don't get such a huge choice of rootstocks in the plum or families
asyou do with apples.
As Cliff says grow in a restricted form, which with apricots & plums
is usually fan trained.
Save some money and learn something by starting with maidens (1st year
plants) and forming your own fans.

Rod

Hi Rod and Cliff,
unfortunately we already have things growing along the boundaries. *It might
be worth considering having them as a divider on the plot, I'll talk it over
with my soil mate, whose lottie it actually is.

--
Kathy

Well they don't have to be on a boundary, my row of apple cordons is
down the middle of a deep bed in the plot, also I have a 'stepover'
tree on Malling 27 alongside a path in the home garden as well as an
espalier a couple of feet (so I can maintain the shed) in front of my
workshop in the home garden.

Rod