Old 19-03-2010, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default ID this flower, please?

Hello Everyone.

Can anyone ID this beautiful flower? I think its flowers would be
described as "florets"? If so, the florets grow on quite raggedy
bushes that are about a metre tall and a metre wide. I've seen them
only in warm climates - in Fiji, India, and Greece.

The florets on this bush were orange with red mini-flowers at their
centres. But I've seen bushes where the florets have been purple with
yellow mini-flowers at their centres.

They have a strong and gorgeous smell too.

They often grow wild. In Fiji they cover whole hillsides.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...Athens001c.jpg

Thanks,
Eddy.

P.S. Isn't the RAIN, welcome!