Old 20-03-2010, 08:49 PM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile starting own veggie seeds

i am going to start my own seeds this yr.
i did a number of google searches on when to start seeds and what to do
with them but different places say so many different things and times to
start things that i have come up against a little confusion lolol.
i am in zone 5b and am told to start eggplant about the middle of march
on a couple of sites, now wouldnt that make the plants long and leggy by
the time i go to plant them out--may 24th weekend usually in our area.
i have also checked my seeds pkgs--some list when to start seeds and
others well they dont tell u much of anything.
im putting my trays in an east facing window that has nice morning light but not so hot or bright as to burn things.
i have starter mix and bought 6 trays with 72 cells in each and they
also have dome tops.
if anyone has info that can help me i would greatly appreciate it as
confusion is the name of the game here lolol.
located in zone 5b, south western, ontario, canada.
thanks everyone in advance for your help . cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat.