Old 20-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered User

Smile starting own veggie seeds

i am going to start my own seeds this yr.
i did a number of google searches on when to start seeds and what to do
with them but different places say so many different things and times to
start things that i have come up against a little confusion lolol.
i am in zone 5b and am told to start eggplant about the middle of march
on a couple of sites, now wouldnt that make the plants long and leggy by
the time i go to plant them out--may 24th weekend usually in our area.
i have also checked my seeds pkgs--some list when to start seeds and
others well they dont tell u much of anything.
im putting my trays in an east facing window that has nice morning light but not so hot or bright as to burn things.
i have starter mix and bought 6 trays with 72 cells in each and they
also have dome tops.
if anyone has info that can help me i would greatly appreciate it as
confusion is the name of the game here lolol.
located in zone 5b, south western, ontario, canada.
thanks everyone in advance for your help . cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat.
Old 21-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Registered User

Smile

i have been looking through previous postings about seed/seeds here in garden banter and did get a good cross section of information.
as well ive been doing a good amount of google searches and managed to find some information as to how and when to start seeds for our area.
also got a chart as to when to set seeds out for maximum performance for our area as well.
so thanks to anyone who might have considered posting to my question as
well as thanks to those who posted to other ppls request for info in the seed/seeds area.
cyaaaaaaaaa, sockiescat.