Old 21-03-2010, 12:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Don Green Don Green is offline

Default Rust Spots on Leaves?

I have a flowering ornamental tree in my front yard, and over the past
couple of years it's developed yellow and rust colored spots during
the warm season, (I live in Greater Boston).

I looked it up on-line, and found that it's some kind of fungus. I
also saw that a commercial grade fungicide called Clevis is supposed
to work for this blight. I know I can buy Clevis on-line, but would
prefer to use a fungicide more suitable for homeowners.

I read that I need to spray early in the season, just after the buds
break open, which will be sometime in the next week. In fact I expect
to spray next weekend, if the weather is good.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a fungicide I can use on my tree??