Old 24-03-2010, 05:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Eddie G[_2_] Eddie G[_2_] is offline

Default broccoli

On Mar 24, 1:34*pm, phorbin wrote:
In article 9c236c81-92ed-4d7b-8dad-ba64a7df2840@
30g2000yqi.googlegroups.com, says...

Last year I planted broccoli and it was bitter. *What is the breed
that you buy in the supermarket so I can see if I can find it to grow?

Thanks!

It's not going to be just one variety,

What were your growing conditions last season.

Temperature, water, watering cycle, soil etc.

Any hint of disease?

The odds are very good that you bought something that would have been
just fine in *less than optimum circumstances. It's a reasonable guess
that something other than the variety was the issue.

No hint of disease- and this was the 2nd season I grew broccoli. I'll
chalk it up to soil and growing conditions. Weather wise I'm outside
of Philly, and soil wise I have clay dirt that I sprinkled with
Miracle Grow.

Thanks!!