Old 25-03-2010, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Pea or not a pea

"Marq" wrote ...
Last year I had a sound crop of peas, and when they were finished I
grabbed
some to use this year as seeds.
I didn't dig the roots, I cut them at ground level because of nitrogen
fixing and now I see they are growing again!
I like to rotate in my small garden, but what will happen if I leave them
to grow do you think?

You will have an early crop of peas if the frost doesn't get them. I've
never heard of them coming up from overwintered roots before, Runner Beans,
yes, but not peas which I always thought were annuals.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden