Old 27-03-2010, 02:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline

Default My hummingbirds --- bad news

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
...er, well, I guess they're not quite birds yet. Give 'em a little time.

Bad news today. I woke up and realized the day started with a Santa Ana
Wind condition. Southern Californians are familiar with the term. In my
neck of the woods we're seeing sustained winds of 30 - 40 MPH and gusts at
80 MPH. In weather like this trees and branches get blown down around here.
That potted plant she's in is a big one but I've had to re-right it numerous
times after Santa Anas in past years. She's in real danger right now. I
went out and put as much water in the pot as it would hold to make it
heavier and help resist tipping and she's okay for the moment but who knows?
I hope she's praying to her bird god and gets a break.

Nature can be cruel but I hope not this time.
--
Pat Durkin