Old 25-03-2010, 01:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default My hummingbirds

....er, well, I guess they're not quite birds yet. Give 'em a little time.
)
--
Pat Durkin

Attached Thumbnails
My hummingbirds-my-hummingbirds.jpg
Old 27-03-2010, 02:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default My hummingbirds --- bad news

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
...er, well, I guess they're not quite birds yet. Give 'em a little time.

Bad news today. I woke up and realized the day started with a Santa Ana
Wind condition. Southern Californians are familiar with the term. In my
neck of the woods we're seeing sustained winds of 30 - 40 MPH and gusts at
80 MPH. In weather like this trees and branches get blown down around here.
That potted plant she's in is a big one but I've had to re-right it numerous
times after Santa Anas in past years. She's in real danger right now. I
went out and put as much water in the pot as it would hold to make it
heavier and help resist tipping and she's okay for the moment but who knows?
I hope she's praying to her bird god and gets a break.

Nature can be cruel but I hope not this time.
--
Pat Durkin

Old 27-03-2010, 08:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Oh no! My first thought was the worst.
Do you have any rocks or bricks to put in the plant container?
Will be holding thumbs & crossing fingers for Momma & her clutch.
Cheers Wendy

Old 27-03-2010, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wendy7" wrote in message

Oh no! My first thought was the worst. Do you have any rocks or bricks
to put in the plant container? Will be holding thumbs & crossing fingers
for Momma & her clutch.

Cheers Wendy

Nope. All I can do is soak the soil in the pot & keep my fingers crossed.
As of 2:04 PM she's still hangin' in there but she's had a wild ride today.
That thing's been whipping around like crazy.

I had my large maple and olive tree and three Hollywood Cypresses trimmed
this week so they're in pretty good shape & I doubt they'll get blown down
but this potted thing is vulnerable. She couldn't have picked a worse
location. Right now the wind has slacked off a bit.
--
Pat Durkin

Old 27-03-2010, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message

I had my large maple and olive tree and three Hollywood Cypresses trimmed
this week so they're in pretty good shape & I doubt they'll get blown down
but this potted thing is vulnerable. She couldn't have picked a worse
location. Right now the wind has slacked off a bit.

I'd hate to do this for a living.
--
Pat Durkin

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tree trimmer.jpg (377.4 KB, 65 views)

Old 27-03-2010, 09:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:39:51 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
m...

I had my large maple and olive tree and three Hollywood Cypresses trimmed
this week so they're in pretty good shape & I doubt they'll get blown down
but this potted thing is vulnerable. She couldn't have picked a worse
location. Right now the wind has slacked off a bit.

I'd hate to do this for a living.

He looks pretty healty. Maybe it is not such a bad job to have.

[IMG] code is On

Honeysuckle Aphids & Hummingbirds -- HELP!! The Stromquist Clan Gardening 3 25-08-2003 02:32 AM
Hummingbirds MJC North Carolina 16 01-05-2003 05:47 PM
Hummingbirds MJC North Carolina 16 19-04-2003 01:20 AM
what flowers attract hummingbirds that will start from seeds/bulbs ? Henry Gardening 9 19-03-2003 04:44 AM
what flowers attract hummingbirds that will start from seeds/bulbs Pam Gardening 0 18-03-2003 12:44 AM