Old 27-03-2010, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline

Default My hummingbirds --- bad news

"Wendy7" wrote in message

Oh no! My first thought was the worst. Do you have any rocks or bricks
to put in the plant container? Will be holding thumbs & crossing fingers
for Momma & her clutch.

Cheers Wendy

Nope. All I can do is soak the soil in the pot & keep my fingers crossed.
As of 2:04 PM she's still hangin' in there but she's had a wild ride today.
That thing's been whipping around like crazy.

I had my large maple and olive tree and three Hollywood Cypresses trimmed
this week so they're in pretty good shape & I doubt they'll get blown down
but this potted thing is vulnerable. She couldn't have picked a worse
location. Right now the wind has slacked off a bit.
--
Pat Durkin