Old 27-03-2010, 10:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clarkky Clarkky is offline

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

Clark wrote:
OK, here is the story.
I was mowing the lawn, I hit a stick (pine), it bent the right blade
AND the bent blade cut into the mowing deck (about 2.5 inches)
I think this was a freak accident, but??

The Sears guy is coming out to look at it Sat.
I've already pounded the metal back in place, and straighten the
blade enough to mow the rest of the property, it just needs a spot
weld now (oh and at least one blade (or some hammering). Three
hours on the new mower.. ugh
When that blade hit the mowing deck it stopped the engine cold!! (it
started fine and I've run it for about 1 hour so I think it's fine)
"no strange noises"

"The Pics"
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4z1ku2q
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5z5n9mt
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5y9zktd
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4taxzyd
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=62dro0p

anything I should bring up with the Sears Guy?
thanks

Clark

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

ah seems like yesterday!