Old 28-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Kezkitty Kezkitty is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockiescat View Post
Kezkitty;881523]Hi,

Please bear with me, i'm a very inexperienced gardener!

I have several different hebes in my garden, I'm unsure what varieties they are unfortunately, all I know is that some have varigated leaves and others don't! At the moment they are all looking rather sad and almost dead! The leaves are dead and falling off, but there does seem to be some new growth appearing from the very bottom of the shrubs. Is it normal for hebes to appear so forlorn this time of year, or is it due to the harsh winter we had? I'm wondering if the majority of the plant is dead from frost damage? Can anyone advise me on how to get my hebes looking healthier for the summer? Should I cut them right back or will they pick up on their own? I've read it is almost impossible to kill a hebe, have I achieved the impossible?!

Thanks in advance,
Kez

kez what overall area are u located in? u did mention winter so sounds like u are just coming out of winter in your area as we are starting to here in southwestern ontario.
usually herbs dont look to great after winter. hopefully we can give u some
more info after we find out your location.
cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat.
Hi Sockiescat,

Thanks for your reply. I live in England, we're in early spring now and starting to enjoy the daffodils after a bitterly cold winter

Kez