Old 28-03-2010, 12:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Sad looking hebes

Kezkitty;881523]Hi,

Please bear with me, i'm a very inexperienced gardener!

I have several different hebes in my garden, I'm unsure what varieties
they are unfortunately, all I know is that some have varigated leaves
and others don't! At the moment they are all looking rather sad and
almost dead! The leaves are dead and falling off, but there does seem to
be some new growth appearing from the very bottom of the shrubs. Is it
normal for hebes to appear so forlorn this time of year, or is it due to
the harsh winter we had? I'm wondering if the majority of the plant is
dead from frost damage? Can anyone advise me on how to get my hebes
looking healthier for the summer? Should I cut them right back or will
they pick up on their own? I've read it is almost impossible to kill a
hebe, have I achieved the impossible?!

Hebes? Do you mean wandering jews?