Old 28-03-2010, 03:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Farm size and population story

Must see this site http://tinyurl.com/ygu952s that Dean Hoffman
Posted in Misc.rural

What is Obama going to do about it? Nothing, most likely. Farm
consolidation has been going on for years. This is the first link I hit
upon with some historical farm population numbers:
http://tinyurl.com/ygu952s

Will Congress ban vertical integration of hog farming?
Some states do have bans on corporate farming. Nebraska had one but
it was ruled unconstitutional. I haven't heard much about it since.
Some other states have fared better with their bans.

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
http://www.globalissues.org/article/75/world-military-spending