Old 28-03-2010, 03:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Sad looking hebes

In article ,
brooklyn1 wrote:

Kezkitty;881523]Hi,

Please bear with me, i'm a very inexperienced gardener!

I have several different hebes in my garden, I'm unsure what varieties
they are unfortunately, all I know is that some have varigated leaves
and others don't! At the moment they are all looking rather sad and
almost dead! The leaves are dead and falling off, but there does seem to
be some new growth appearing from the very bottom of the shrubs. Is it
normal for hebes to appear so forlorn this time of year, or is it due to
the harsh winter we had? I'm wondering if the majority of the plant is
dead from frost damage? Can anyone advise me on how to get my hebes
looking healthier for the summer? Should I cut them right back or will
they pick up on their own? I've read it is almost impossible to kill a
hebe, have I achieved the impossible?!

Hebes? Do you mean wandering jews?

To help everyone understand brooklyn1 (a.k.a. Sheldon), let's return to
yesteryear.

From: Sheldon
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: I would like some feedback..
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT)

Christian wrote:
I own a business "Professional Pond Maintenance and Fish Care".

That's your first untruth... you *operate* a business.... you don't
own a business until your IRS return doesn't show you're operating at
a loss.

I'm not here to promote my business.

That's your second untruth.

I'm wanting to get any and all feedback, positive or negative,
on a website I designed recently to go with it. I advertise locally
and direct folks to my site for more information.

Here is the link:http://allyoudoisfeedthefish.net/index.html

What do you think of the basic design?
Can you read it easily?
Ads or no ads?

I'm thinking people here are close to my target audience, being that
garden lovers usually like ponds even if they don't personally have
one.

Thank You,
Christian

Your parents must have had high hopes for you to succeed in the
arts... you're not going to do well in business unless you change your
name.

-----

Sheldon (aka brooklyn1) has never explained what he meant by that last
line.