Old 29-03-2010, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default Organic Foods

g'day tom,

yes you grow your own and you know what you are eating, i am in
australia and i have no confidence that the organic certification
system is delivering anything more than more expensive food. and when
you see the fresh orgianic stuff on the shop shelves in the "organic"
section there is no guarantee that it is so? to me it all looks
exactly the same product.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:20:52 -0400, "Tom J"
wrote:

The Cook wrote:
There has been some conversation on rec.food.cooking about organic
foods and especially Calmar's entry into the fray.

Someone posted this link.
http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Politics/Politics/bush_administration_ignored_organic_laws_190310120 6.html

I think most of the group here will be interested.

What that article tells me is, if I don't grow my own organic food, I
don't expect to be sure I get organic any place else!!

Tom J

--

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,