Old 31-03-2010, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Too late to change Dealing with SHADE

Well I did 12 12 hour readings with a fancy light meter and got the
results I could get by eye. Essentiality I have partial sun this with
no leaves out yet. I just positioned a raised bed 8*12 that gets most
light from about ten on. I grow others stuff too in a mixed shade like
rosemary etc. Looks like salads only an maybe cherry tomatoes.

My question ...is morning or afternoon sun power differing in plant
growth nurture ? I'm going with late morning to night as best no
reason other than a few sun burns. Grasping for light as my main garden
is now about to be covered in 3 commercial green houses. The soil that
we nursed will have containers on it. Such is life.

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
"I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful