Old 02-04-2010, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Weather Blues on a perfect day

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Looked about my neighborhood and things look good. Sure we just had
one heck of a rain storm but that was 2 days ago. My basement is dry
I'm happy and spring is in the air.

Meanwhile my Brother and Dad's house next door about four feet lower
then me whose grounds look the same have a raising water table putting
about 18 inches of water into the house. Pumps working hard but the
water keeps on coming at least it is clean water. Three homes 1/4 mile
away are now condemned .
Never in 50 years have we seen any thing like this. Fancy sump pumps
on order but water lever is a lot of water.
Still started some seeds this afternoon and feel sort of puny and
dazed.

Is there a road into your forest? My god it looks dense. It looks like
Mirkwood.