Old 02-04-2010, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Weather Blues on a perfect day

Looked about my neighborhood and things look good. Sure we just had
one heck of a rain storm but that was 2 days ago. My basement is dry
I'm happy and spring is in the air.

Meanwhile my Brother and Dad's house next door about four feet lower
then me whose grounds look the same have a raising water table putting
about 18 inches of water into the house. Pumps working hard but the
water keeps on coming at least it is clean water. Three homes 1/4 mile
away are now condemned .
Never in 50 years have we seen any thing like this. Fancy sump pumps
on order but water lever is a lot of water.
Still started some seeds this afternoon and feel sort of puny and
dazed.

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
"I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful

Old 02-04-2010, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Looked about my neighborhood and things look good. Sure we just had
one heck of a rain storm but that was 2 days ago. My basement is dry
I'm happy and spring is in the air.

Meanwhile my Brother and Dad's house next door about four feet lower
then me whose grounds look the same have a raising water table putting
about 18 inches of water into the house. Pumps working hard but the
water keeps on coming at least it is clean water. Three homes 1/4 mile
away are now condemned .
Never in 50 years have we seen any thing like this. Fancy sump pumps
on order but water lever is a lot of water.
Still started some seeds this afternoon and feel sort of puny and
dazed.

Is there a road into your forest? My god it looks dense. It looks like
Mirkwood.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Looked about my neighborhood and things look good. Sure we just had
one heck of a rain storm but that was 2 days ago. My basement is dry
I'm happy and spring is in the air.

Meanwhile my Brother and Dad's house next door about four feet lower
then me whose grounds look the same have a raising water table putting
about 18 inches of water into the house. Pumps working hard but the
water keeps on coming at least it is clean water. Three homes 1/4 mile
away are now condemned .
Never in 50 years have we seen any thing like this. Fancy sump pumps
on order but water lever is a lot of water.
Still started some seeds this afternoon and feel sort of puny and
dazed.

Is there a road into your forest? My god it looks dense. It looks like
Mirkwood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirkwood

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis/uv...f_default&peri
od=12&site_no=394354075025901

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Still have to discard some furniture from two houses soon.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

[...]

I don't know how you can find anything in that eternal twilight under
the forest's canopy. I presume that the small clearing that I can see
from 423 miles up, must be where your house is. It's not really a
clearing, just fewer trees ;O)

Billy, turning it up and listening to tinnitus on mp3.

[IMG] code is On

Perfect day Sacha[_11_] United Kingdom 7 03-04-2014 09:39 PM
Perfect Summer Day - YES! news group Ponds 1 17-04-2005 01:14 AM
SeaChem Flourish Overdose Blues Nemo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 11-03-2004 02:18 PM
Hummers sipping the last of the summer's blues Madgardener Gardening 1 02-10-2003 06:42 PM
Tuberous Begonia Blues . . . pelirojaroja Gardening 0 05-08-2003 04:17 AM