Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Raised beds, Cedar or untreated

On Mar 20, 1:00*pm, brooklyn1 wrote:
DirtBag *wrote:

I'm looking at wood for some raised beds.

Cedar 2x8's are 3x the cost untreated 2x8's. *So, I'm wondering, how long
might untreated lumber last when it's used in raised beds? *In direct
contact with the soil/elements. *2 years? *3 years? 10 years?
(I'm assuming ACQ, non arsenic treated lumber is still considered a no-

no)?

Leevalley.com sells a system that incorporates paving blocks, were I
to build a raised bed today that's what I'd use.

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...55&cat=2,44664

Looks way kewl, but must cost a bundle to ship those blocks!