Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 PM
duncspur duncspur is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watts View Post
I have a 6" stump left from a tree I just chopped down (threatening to break
the drain chamber in my garden that's all of a foot away from the trunk).

No idea what the tree was, but I need to ensure its complete and permanent
demise.

Apart from the old drill-holes-in-stump and pour in diesel/old-sump-oil
trick (don't have any mouldy sump oil to hand anyway) what would be a good
product to use?

Are any of these any good?

http://www.selections.com/GF1911/dee...-stump-killer/

http://www.garden4less.co.uk/bayer-g...ump-killer.asp

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Weedkil.../Roundup-Tree-
Stump+Root-Killer-250ml/invt/0263127

Some of those seem to be glyphospate based, which I *thought* acted on
foliage. I need something that can be applied to the cut trunk end that will
travel through the tree's system.

Ta

Tim

--
Tim Watts

I've used the Roundup Stump Killer. Drilled a hole in the top of the stump and poured the liquid in using the plastic pipette that comes with it (during a dry period), then topped it up every few days as it soaked into the stump. I can now declare the stump is well and truly dead.