Old 06-04-2010, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
geronimo geronimo is offline

Default Please ID this tree.....

I have two young trees in pots, don't know what they are. Each
growing (new growth) tip branch consists of 8 leaves. Each leaf is
almost perfect oval, only slightly pointed a the tip. They are abt 1
in. long and 1/4 in wide. In the spring it has bright yellow flowers
that are about 3/8 in. in diameter, and have 6 petals. Any ideas?
I live in S. Texas, and the TAMU tree finder website for Texas didn't
seem to have this tree, maybe it does not grow natively here.