Old 07-04-2010, 12:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default germination progress

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
thought I'd post that info here. I define the start date as the day I
put them in a glass to soak. My technique is to soak in water
overnight, then put them on a wet paper towel placed between two
plates. I add water to the towels as needed to keep them wet (once or
twice a day).

This method is used to display the progress of growing seedlings for
eductaional purposes but I don't understand why you would you do this to
grow the plants. What is wrong with starting them in trays of seedling mix
and pricking them out when big enough?

David