Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Eggs (was Rats!)

Chris Hogg wrote:
Some people are allergic to the albumin in egg whites. Apparently egg
whites are potent histamine liberators. This can cause pains in the
gut, or diarrhoea, or in extreme cases a form of anaphylactic
reaction. Well-cooked eggs such as in cakes etc. tend to be less of a
problem than lightly cooked ones such as fried, boiled etc.

Hmm. I don't /like/ uncooked egg (as in lightly poached or fried or
boiled), but I do love uncooked cake mix. And I don't seem to have any more
or less problem with the amount it's cooked. Just duck eggs and, possibly,
white chicken eggs.

I obviously need to experiment more.