Old 10-04-2010, 01:48 PM
whiskybelle whiskybelle is offline
Registered User

Unhappy One year on and still a brown, murky pond

Hi,

I excavated a 5 x 3m pond last April, lined it and filled it, bought masses of oxygenating plants and potted up some pond plants but now one year on, despite clearing all debris in the autumn and again this week, the water is brown, stagnant and all but a handful of oxygenators are dead.

I want a natural wildlife pond without a pump if possible. I live in the Highlands of Scotland, about 1000m above sea level and the soil around is naturally acidic. Our tap water is pure, with no additives and the pond was filled by hose. I'm at the point of thinking about filling the flaming thing in again.

Can someone help please?