Old 10-04-2010, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default organic fertilizer for amateur gardeners

Tom J wrote:
Jeff Thies wrote:
Billy wrote:

Tomatoes: 18 lbs chicken manure/100 sq. ft. Do not fertilize after
flowering.

I don't believe I have ever seen this anywhere, in any form. And I
live in a state that raises a lot of chickens. Perhaps I need to
look
much farther out. Certainly not within 20 miles.

You can find all kinds of organic fertilizer in the Georgia Farmer's
Market Bulletin. It's free to Georgia residents, so order your own
personal subscription.

In the meantime, here are the current ads:
http://www.agr.state.ga.us/mbads/

Thanks, I had no idea...

No chicken manure though (wait I did find one 60 miles out)...

I did note that aside from this individual:

Aged horse manu $20 a scoop, $30 a pickup truck load.

Most people just want to get rid of their manure!

Jeff

Tom J