Old 11-04-2010, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Flies in Conservatory

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:47:32 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:18:06 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote ((snip))
Not all insects are attracted to UV... there is one small fly (about
3mm long) we get that just relatively slowly "floats" about the
middle of rooms that isn't.

Try leaving a (small) glass of red wine overnight in the room. They will
happily drown themselves if it's the same ones we get.

For a more unpleasant death give them Heineken.

Two tiny irritating flies last night - left a glass of cider out, both
deceased by drowning this morning.
Now what to do?
Throw the cider away, or fish them out and drink it anyway ;-)

Wring out the flies and drink the cider )

Good idea - got the flies out with a teaspoon and drank the cider.
You cannot waste good 7.5% cider. ;-)