Old 12-04-2010, 02:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default what next?

Jason Buckler wrote:
Hi,

I am a novice gardener and am attempting to sort out my lawn. Which
has a fair bit of moss and weeds.

I aerated the lawn last week and put some sharp sand down. The next
day applied evergreen 1:4 complete, it rain well and I now have a
several areas of back lawn, not all of the moss and weeds are gone.

What do I do next should I scarify the lawn or just rake up the dead
moss and re seed?

Dig or spot spray the weeds or remaining moss areas. Mow the lawn LONG. Maybe as
high as your mower can go.