Old 14-04-2010, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Gardening Software

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
bodger99 wrote:

I have a garden about 50’ x 30’. It’s pretty mature, (probably 15 years
old) and I’d like to make some changes. I’ve also got lots of plants
that I’d like to catalogue.

Although I’ve been a computer user for a long time, I’ve never tried any
gardening software that would not only enable me to catalogue my garden
through text, but also photos, and also help me in trying to imagine
what any changes would look like.

Has anyone got any advice on what’s the most appropriate gardening
software package out there for me bearing in mind that my garden is
obviously pretty small?

Thanks

Excel, Access, or FileMaker

Spreadsheets only for as I know.
For the Mac: FileMaker, Bento or iWorks'09 Numbers.

If you find any specialized software for "Garden Planning" let us know.
I do believe there is a web only, monthly cost, vegetable garden planner
out there. That one is not for me.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.