Old 14-04-2010, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Gardening Software

In article
,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
bodger99 wrote:

I have a garden about 50’ x 30’. It’s pretty mature, (probably 15 years
old) and I’d like to make some changes. I’ve also got lots of plants
that I’d like to catalogue.

Although I’ve been a computer user for a long time, I’ve never tried any
gardening software that would not only enable me to catalogue my garden
through text, but also photos, and also help me in trying to imagine
what any changes would look like.

Has anyone got any advice on what’s the most appropriate gardening
software package out there for me bearing in mind that my garden is
obviously pretty small?

Thanks

Excel, Access, or FileMaker

Spreadsheets only for as I know.
For the Mac: FileMaker, Bento or iWorks'09 Numbers.

If you find any specialized software for "Garden Planning" let us know.
I do believe there is a web only, monthly cost, vegetable garden planner
out there. That one is not for me.

I always liked Apple Works or Claris Works databases because they were
relatively easy to use. I learned Access, once upon a time, but I would
be hard pressed to use it now.
Excel is pretty straight forward and you can set-up columns as to what,
when & where you bought your seeds, and how much, germination & potting
times, and make notes about potting soils, and make notations about any
special practices that you may be using.
--
- Billy