Old 16-04-2010, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nelly Wensdow[_2_] Nelly Wensdow[_2_] is offline

Default This is a serious debatable question about Black Widow spiders

"madgardener" wrote
I realize that the black
widow bite won't kill me but I would feel like I was having a heart
attack, and given my age now, it could mess me up. The recluse is a
no-brainer. Beneficial or not, one has to use common sense. The
widow isn't agressive, and only bites when cornered. Should I spray
her dead and make her tidy little perfect corner uninhabitable?

Adrenaline is toxic to the heart; I'd remove her one way or another just to
avoid all the anxiety, whether from an actual bite or even the ongoing
perceived possibility of one.