Old 16-04-2010, 06:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default This is a serious debatable question about Black Widow spiders

In article ,
"Nelly Wensdow" wrote:

"madgardener" wrote
I realize that the black
widow bite won't kill me but I would feel like I was having a heart
attack, and given my age now, it could mess me up. The recluse is a
no-brainer. Beneficial or not, one has to use common sense. The
widow isn't agressive, and only bites when cornered. Should I spray
her dead and make her tidy little perfect corner uninhabitable?

Adrenaline is toxic to the heart; I'd remove her one way or another just to
avoid all the anxiety, whether from an actual bite or even the ongoing
perceived possibility of one.

If you don't have flies (enteric bacteria), or mosquitos (malaria, or
heartworm [in dogs]) no problem.
--
- Billy