Old 17-04-2010, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Una Una is offline

Default Asiatic Lily pups

Higgs Boson wrote:
Question: Looks like at least one of my Asiatic Lilies is
growing a pup. Anybody out there could tell me whether
it's safe to transplant the pup?

Transplant when dormant. Make a note on your calendar in the late fall,
bulb planting season. Maybe include a sketch or photo or some other way
you can find the spot later.

I have a bunch of bulbs earmarked for transplanting. Some I have been
meaning to move for years, but every fall I forget all about them. I did
manage to transplant several last fall and the results are gratifying.
I also tried to transplant some in the spring. (No other choice; plants
destined for the same spot were already ordered and paid for.) Most of
them look like I killed them. If they survive, they will take years to
recover.

Una