Old 20-04-2003, 01:20 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default Purpose of a compost bin

Ablang wrote:

What is the Purpose of a compost bin and why should I care?

My local Waste Management Department is giving away a free compost bin if I
attend a seminar on composting.

Is it possible to build a compost bin myself? What has other people made
theirs out of?

I'm no guru at composting or bins for that matter but I snagged a book at the
library that has a pretty simple looking one in it you can make. "The Family
Garden" by Jan & Michael Gertley.

The bin is made such that as the pile grows, so dies the bin in the height of
its sides. Pretty simple but nifty thing. If I had a clue about composting
itself, I'd make a bin and give it a shot.

--
John S. DeBoo