Old 21-04-2010, 11:39 AM
HytestA HytestA is offline
Registered User

Default Strange plant/weed/fungus in garden

Hello, first post so please excuse me if i'm posting in the wrong forum.

I have just moved into a new house with my wife and daughters, we have a nice garden but its been a bit neglected over the years by the previous owner and whilst going over it my wife noticed we have an abundance of a strange plant that we dont recognise. It looks a bit mushroom like but its 'cap' is hard, and when mowing the lawn my wife said that it looked like it emited smoke or spores.
One of our main worries is for our young daughter who will be starting to use the garden in the summer and we want to know what this plant is, if its dangerous and how to get rid of it. Any help identifying it will be most appreciated.

Here are a couple of pictures I took of this mystery

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2010103sml.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2010105sml.jpg