Old 22-04-2010, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
piedmont[_2_] piedmont[_2_] is offline

Default Watering tomato in pot.

I have a tomato in about a 10 gallon pot. I assume it takes in heat and my
dry out sooner than in the ground, i have 4 inches of pine bark mulch. Last
year I drench once daily about 3 in the afternoon and the fruit skin split
from the excess watering at least i think that is waht caused it. I also
assume it is ok for it to go dry than water, more natural, anyway, rather
than assuming anything, can anyone offer watering suggestions?

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/