Old 22-04-2010, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Watering tomato in pot.

On Apr 22, 7:48*am, "piedmont" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

On 4/21/2010 7:35 PM, piedmont wrote:
I have a tomato in about a 10 gallon pot. I assume it takes in heat and
my dry out sooner than in the ground, i have 4 inches of pine bark
mulch. Last year I drench once daily about 3 in the afternoon and the
fruit skin split from the excess watering at least i think that is waht
caused it. I also assume it is ok for it to go dry than water, more
natural, anyway, rather than assuming anything, can anyone offer
watering suggestions?

Do your pots drain? *I've never been able to over water mine.

They drain.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r -http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

That's funny. Maybe it's the soil. I use plain top soil. Pots are
on my deck and I water with a bucket. Always like to see water in the
base.