Old 23-04-2010, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
piedmont[_2_] piedmont[_2_] is offline

Default Watering tomato in pot.

"Frank" wrote in message
On Apr 22, 7:48 am, "piedmont" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

On 4/21/2010 7:35 PM, piedmont wrote:
I have a tomato in about a 10 gallon pot. I assume it takes in heat and
my dry out sooner than in the ground, i have 4 inches of pine bark
mulch. Last year I drench once daily about 3 in the afternoon and the
fruit skin split from the excess watering at least i think that is waht
caused it. I also assume it is ok for it to go dry than water, more
natural, anyway, rather than assuming anything, can anyone offer
watering suggestions?

Do your pots drain? I've never been able to over water mine.

They drain.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r -http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

That's funny. Maybe it's the soil. I use plain top soil. Pots are
on my deck and I water with a bucket. Always like to see water in the
base.

I laid down a couple layers of anti weed fabric over hole in bottom, then
pieces of broken clay pots then put in the potting soil.