Old 23-04-2010, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Could you do this? Would you do this?

First thing this morning I had a phonecall.........
Can you answer a question?
I don't know, what is it?
How should I plant the dahlia I bought in Homebase? Should it be on
its side or upright?
Upright
Oh that is with the stem on top?
Yes
Oh! I think that's what I did. Should the top of the stem be at soil
level?
No you need to plant it a couple of inches below the ground.
Oh! Will it grow through that much soil?
Me trying to remain patient.... Yes, easily
Should I put some dirt on top of it then?
Yes, and dont forget some slug pellets
What are they?
At this point I'd had enough.
The best thing you can do is to go back to Homebase and ask them.
Good bye.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries