Old 23-04-2010, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Using Daffodil remains as part of Organic matter

KVFilms wrote:

I bought a bag of Daffodil bulbs the other year, which never found their
way into the garden, subsequently, I found them in the garage today, dry
to more or less crumbly, flaky dust, nothing green or living about them.

I know that Daffodils are poisonous, as living, growing, flowering
bulbs, but what about after that, when they are well beyond use as bulbs
and are desert dry, flaky, crumbly brown remains?

Can I put them on the garden as O/M along with the grass cuttings and
manure, on ground where I grow edible veg/ fruit etc?

Why not sell such a valuable commodity on ebay.