Old 24-04-2010, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Off Topic Guns vs. Butter

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Bill who putters" wrote a whole load of crap that
is off topic.

For Pete's sake will you shove your off topic posts up your left nostril
and
set them alight!

I've already seem one other ng absolutely killed by off topic posts which
turned the group from being a generalised discussion group for posters from
aroudn the world to one about US politics and solely US politics. Either
post about garden related topics of STFU.

IWNSTFU Kill file me.

I have yet seen a newsgroup that doesn't go Off Topic, or contend with
trolls or spammers. Sometimes in our exuberance we become excessive, but
it is because of things about which we feel passionately (not to say
that I wouldn't KF Dr. Chung, if he shows up here). Both of you, FarmI
and Emily, are highly respected in this group, and your pronouncements
not lightly taken by myself. I'm sorry, if my continuing rage against
our government, and its murderous policies disturbs you. On the other
hand, we are individuals, each off whom plays our own little parts in
celebrating and furthering gardening. All in all, I think that the good
that we do, outweighs the bad.

Thank you for the criticism, because I know you want to be part of
something better. We all do.
--
- Billy