Old 25-04-2010, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Could you do this? Would you do this?

On Apr 24, 11:13*pm, wrote:
Dave Hill wrote:
I told him to go back to Wollies and ask them.

I like the name Wollies. *:-)

If he had bought something and then asked it wouldn't have been so
bad, but to just drive in for information.

Hmm, you say that, but do you honestly know that he wouldn't have bought
stuff after you'd given him advice? *(either this time, or on a potential
future visit?

(Sorry, I'm just a huge believer in doing favours for a wide variety of
*people on the basis that one day they will become handy!)

I imagine second hand car dealerships garages face similar problems;
imagine; someone brings in a car for a service because you're not a
rip-off merchant and you stay open out-of-hours and so on.
good, so you get their business, but it's mainly labour related
income. the real money is in your second hand sales; but after years
of faithful services the buggers turn up some day with a "new" car
which they got from Con & Con down the road and you have to stand
there and listen to them complain about how they bought it in good
faith and it wasn't even cheap.. but just look at how many problems..
"can you fix it up for me, cheap like?"