Old 25-04-2010, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Could you do this? Would you do this?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

a lot pruned (Wish others would do the same)

The equivalent to DH's experience, is someone asking a garage he
didn't buy the car from, and doesn't do business with, to provide free
, step by step advice
on how to fix the car himself.

Janet

Whilst I was in business I had two wonderful experiences ...

1) Prospective customer asked me to quote on a telephone installation he
required. Made a visit and quoted. Heard nothing, for about 4 years when a
telephone call requested a visit to sort a fault out. Turned out to be on
what I had quoted for. 'You didn't accept my quote'. "You were too dear" 'I
suggest you go back to your cheaper installer to clear the fault then'

2) A customer in a competitors premises, asking me, on the competitors
telephone, what equipment he needed to buy from my competitor to carry out a
telephone installation and what were the connections i.e. colour to terminal
number!

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.