Old 26-04-2010, 04:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default How do you apply special treats to your plants?

Una wrote:
Bill who putters wrote:
I have a bucket with a link to a hose which I could siphon to a hose
but did not like the idea of fish emulsion backing into to my water
system.

These siphon systems are supposed to have a design that prevents back
flow. But I don't like to send anything through the garden hose that
is not potable water.

I'm assuming drip irrigation but I may be mistaken.

Each foot of water = .43 psi. You'd need about 25' to get to the 10 psi
that most drippers need.

Jeff

How about filling a garbage can with water and fish emulsion or such,
maybe elevated on some blocks, and using a dedicated hose plus gravity
to siphon the liquid out of the garbage can onto the yard?

Una