Old 26-04-2010, 12:21 PM
whelmed whelmed is offline
Registered User

Well I'm considering getting a tree guard myself and installing it. Found a cheapish one which is still quite nice. I do hope that they put up a camera of some sort - I just don't understand some peoples logic.

So I've read conflicting reports on wrapping of trees after this type of damage. Some say don't fill the cuts as it traps moisture in and accelerates the rot. Others say it stops bugs from getting in and saves them in the end. That's kind of the problem with google, because you'll always find an answer, but not just the right answer.

Any thoughts on wrapping / food supplements for the tree?