Old 26-04-2010, 03:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default How do you apply special treats to your plants?

"Una" wrote in message ...
Bill who putters wrote:
I have a bucket with a link to a hose which I could siphon to a hose
but did not like the idea of fish emulsion backing into to my water
system.

These siphon systems are supposed to have a design that prevents back
flow. But I don't like to send anything through the garden hose that
is not potable water.

Don't consider anything coming through a hose as potable unless the hose is
marked food grade.

How about filling a garbage can with water and fish emulsion or such,
maybe elevated on some blocks, and using a dedicated hose plus gravity
to siphon the liquid out of the garbage can onto the yard?

Una