Old 27-04-2010, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Help identifying pest

On 2010-04-27 08:03:09 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Soske" *wrote
I'm trying to grow Okra however I keep getting these white eggs
appearing under the leaves but I am unable to determine which pest is
laying these eggs.

http://tinyurl.com/3ybt4hv

I would appreciate any help in identifying these pests.

Firstly that looks like beads of sap from the plant not eggs.

I agree. *I don't think the OP has pests to worry about.

Secondly, do you expect a crop up there in Scotland?
If you do I trust you have a large heated greenhouse with growing
lights, I cannot imagine anywhere in the UK where Okra would crop
successfully, Channel Isles perhaps but even there, doubtful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...16288/How-to-g...
--

Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

OK you are growing Okra, but why the picture of something that isn't
Okra?
Do you have the same things on the Okra?
If you have small white scale on the underside of the leaves then they
might be whitefly but you wouls see the flies when you touch the
plants.
David Hill