Old 27-04-2010, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Missed you all ... will be back soon

On 26/04/2010 22:42, Bob Hobden wrote:

"Spider" wrote ...

Sorry I've been absent for a while. RG and I have been travelling to
and from Yorkshire (where my father lived)since the beginning of
March. Sadly, my dear father died on Sunday, 11th April after a long
illness. His funeral was on the the 21st. It has been very hard to see
him suffer, and harder still to deal with his death. He was hugely
important to me; my hero and mentor, as well as an adored father.

I am currently trying to catch up with post-funeral correspondence,
domestic and gardening jobs, but finding it rather overwhelming. I now
occasionally lurk, and certainly hope to return before too long.

Enjoy gardening in this lovely spring weather.

We have all been (or will be) there too so you are not alone.
Best wishes, time is a great healer.

Obtaining Probate or Letters of Administration can be a long winded and
frustrating experience but having done it a number of times it does get
easier if you just work away methodically and ignore the amount of time
it's taking. Even more frustrating if you use a Solicitor!

Thank you, Bob. I know you're right about the time thing, and I'm just
taking it gently at the moment.

Mmmm. Thanks for the warning, but we're obliged to use my father's
solicitor as executor, firstly because we're so far away and, secondly,
because we're aware of two family members who may make diy management
fraught with unworthy expectations. We want to avoid any unpleasant
accusations. We will, of course, keep a somewhat remote eye on
proceedings up't'north. Nevertheless, we still have peripheral
paperwork and many thank yous for everyone's kindness. Family and
friends have been so supportive.
Thanks once again.

--
Spider