Old 27-04-2010, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Missed you all ... will be back soon

On 26/04/2010 23:07, Kathy McIntosh wrote:
"Spider" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been absent for a while. RG and I have been travelling to
and from Yorkshire (where my father lived)since the beginning of
March. Sadly, my dear father died on Sunday, 11th April after a long
illness. His funeral was on the the 21st. It has been very hard to see
him suffer, and harder still to deal with his death. He was hugely
important to me; my hero and mentor, as well as an adored father.

Sorry to read your news Spider. I know what it feels like as I went
through the same thing with my Dad two years ago. His final illness was
short, but he had six months of heartbreak after Mum died. Blessings to
you and your family. Good gardening.

Thank you, Kathy. Sorry to hear about your parents, too. Their deaths
were so close together, you must have had a horrendous time. It's never
easy, is it?, but somehow we carry on.

Thankfully, my father guided me into gardening and a love of natural
history (among other things), so I feel close to him in my garden. Just
as well, really; I've got oodles to catch up with. Since the weather is
so inviting, I'm off to grimace at a few weeds.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London